Friday 15 February 2013

The beginnings of my character 'shake-up'

So since setting up my little on-line shop www.howdydoodle.co.uk last year my whole life has been a complete whirlwind! I have been so busy; working crazy hours, having silly bed times (sometimes not even going to bed and working through the night - like the previous two nights!!) and it seems like i haven't had a second to relax and take it all in!
It's been about eight months since the site was launched now and *touch wood* it is all ticking along nicely. In the whirlwind of setting up the business my biggest passion - illustrating - has taken a very reluctant back seat. I am hoping all my hard work, time and energy that i have ploughed into getting everything off the ground has paid off and now means i can start to spend a lot more of my time working on new and exciting projects.
I am really looking forward to dedicating more of my time to working on freelance and commission projects now, and have howdydoodle.co.uk happily bop along in the background - i shall dip in and out when i need to.
With this new direction in mind i decided i should start developing my illustrative style so i can build my portfolio up with a more varied selection of works. Don't get me wrong i love my own little style, but i decided i should push myself and explore what other styles i'm capable of.
I have spent the last two-three days working on this solidly and i am loving the new directions my work is going in. Here are the results:

I have made the characters body much smaller and head much bigger (in case you didn't notice!) and have added shadows for a more dimensional look. What do you guys think of the new look? I am debating wether his body could go even smaller?
You can click below here wether you 'like' 'love' or 'no likey'! would love to know your thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment